Welcome to our Online Service
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to follow social distancing practices, as laid out by the government and epidemiologists. We are currently having in-person services at the church, however, we will continue with our online services for those unable to join us. We will update you via WhatsApp if and when anything changes. Please ensure that you are a part of this communication through the “Get in touch” button below.
We want you to feel a part of our community so please feel free to contact the pastors directly, or the office email below:
How the service will look:
If you simply follow the flow of this page, you and your family can join in our service. Click on each video to participate in the service. We pray that as you worship together as a family, God will meet with you and make this a special time.
If you have missed previous sermons, they are now at the bottom of the page or available via our youtube page.
Welcome, announcement and prayer
1 Then Job replied to the Lord:
2 “I know that you can do all things;
no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
3 You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’
Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me to know.
4 “You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.’
5 My ears had heard of you
but now my eyes have seen you.
6 Therefore I despise myself
and repent in dust and ashes.”
A Call to Prayer for the Nation
Sometimes it's hard to know where to begin or how to pray. We just know we have a deep ache in our hearts that cries out for God's mercy and a longing to see him heal our land. Sometimes we wonder how effective our prayers even are. Yet God is faithful, no matter how we feel, and He is over all that swirls around us in our nation today.
That same power that broke prison chains, raised Lazarus from the dead and parted the Red Sea, the same power that healed the blind man, and delivered the delirious from demons, that same power is at work still today. He is the same. Yesterday, today and forever.
May we stand together and pray for God to heal our land and strengthen His people. May we pray for all those in authority. May we pray for God’s miraculous intervening, for blind eyes to be opened, for many to see the power of our Lord as never before.
When it’s difficult to know even what to pray, we can trust these words as a place to begin - “The Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.” Romans 8: 26
We are never left to fend for ourselves, wrestling in worry, consumed with fear or driven towards hate. He reminds us He is with us, He will help us, He hasn't lost control, but has a plan. His purposes will prevail.
He hears our prayers, He knows our needs. There's great power in uniting together, turning our hearts towards God and praying on behalf of South Africa, our nation. God is where our real hope is found, not in our leaders, not in our economy, not in the condition of our nation today, or any other day.
Thank you for your great power. We praise you for your truth. We’re grateful that you have set us free from the clutching grasp of sin and death.
Would you be with your people, extending your grace, granting your freedom, providing your protection and empowering with your strength. We ask that you'd bring about an awakening of your presence to South Africa as never seen before. We ask that your Name be proclaimed, that all plans to silence the Name of Jesus would be crushed.
We pray that many would come to know you as Lord and Saviour, we pray that many would see your Light, that you would open blind eyes and release those still imprisoned in their sins.
We pray that you would unify your people for the glory of your Name, that all who call themselves Christians would rise up, believing your great truth.
Wake us up Lord! Remind us to live aware, to redeem the time, to listen to your words, to be willing to make a difference in this land.
We pray for all those in authority, that you would give them your wisdom and discernment as they lead. We ask that you would appoint strong, faithful men and women to serve this nation and our people.
We pray for your great healing on South Africa. Shine your face on us dear God. We need you now, more than ever before. Our times are in your hands.
Thank you that you are rich in mercy and full of grace. Thank you that you are forgiving and merciful. Thank you that you are strong and mighty. Thank you that you are for us and that you fight for us still today. Bring honour to your Name, Oh Lord, for You alone are worthy.
In the Powerful Name of Jesus we pray, Amen.
Special prayer items for the church:
- Current cases of COVID-19 in South Africa.
- The residents of retirement villages in our area.
- Our family members on the front line during the Covid outbreak.
- Those who have tested positive and those awaiting results of their tests.
- Give thanks for those who are recovering and have recovered.
- Those whose businesses and jobs have been affected by the pandemic. Pray for provision and favour.
- Our children, young people and teachers who are at school.
- Those in our congregation who have lost their loved ones recently.
- Pastor Barry and Natalie and Family - Especially for Natalie's mom who is having treatment.
- Palesa Mofokeng - Queen Butterfly - Praise God for successful surgery - Pray for healing and recovery.
- Emmie van Biljon - Broke her leg in a fall - Has had surgery - Pray for recovery.
- Petro Botha and family - Her son John has been diagnosed with cancer - Pray for God's peace and provision.
- Shanon Candrl's mom - Lorraine - Diagnosed with cancer - Pray for the family caring for her.
- Pat Mitchell - Successful eye surgery this past week - Pray for full recovery.
- Those who are receiving ongoing treatment - Andrea (Natalie's sister) - Chantelle (Martina's daughter)
- Those in the congregation experiencing the after effects of Covid - Pray for daily strength and full recoveries .
- The staff and families of Harvesters International.
- The staff and families of SIM South Africa in the Cape Town office.
- Praise God for the financial provision for our church and ministries!
Information is available for AFFT if you click the AFFT icon below:
Tithes & Offerings
Please note that clicking this "Give Now" button below will download a document with our banking details.
Praise and Worship
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.