Welcome to our Online Service
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to follow social distancing practices, as laid out by the government and epidemiologists. Due to current third wave of the pandemic in Roodepoort we are choosing to not meet physically at the church. We will continue with our online services until further notice. We will update you via WhatsApp if and when anything changes.
We will keep you informed via the WhatsApp group and other communications. Please ensure that you are a part of this communication through the “Get in touch” button below.
We want you to feel a part of our community so please feel free to contact the pastors directly, or the office email below:
How the service will look:
If you simply follow the flow of this page, you and your family can join in our service. Click on each video to participate in the service. We pray that as you worship together as a family, God will meet with you and make this a special time.
If you have missed previous sermons, they are now at the bottom of the page or available via our youtube page.
Welcome, announcement and prayer
2 Corinthians 5:6-17 (NRSV)
6So we are always confident; even though we know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord— 7for we walk by faith, not by sight. 8Yes, we do have confidence, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. 10For all of us must appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each may receive recompense for what has been done in the body, whether good or evil. 11Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we try to persuade others; but we ourselves are well known to God, and I hope that we are also well known to your consciences.
12We are not commending ourselves to you again, but giving you an opportunity to boast about us, so that you may be able to answer those who boast in outward appearance and not in the heart. 13For if we are beside ourselves, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. 14For the love of Christ urges us on, because we are convinced that one has died for all; therefore all have died. 15And he died for all, so that those who live might live no longer for themselves, but for him who died and was raised for them.
16From now on, therefore, we regard no one from a human point of view; even though we once knew Christ from a human point of view, we know him no longer in that way. 17So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new!
PRAISE ITEMS: (1 Chron. 16: 29)
COVID-19 and Government - (1 Tim. 2: 1 - 3)
COVID-19 and the Frontline Medical Staff – (Psalm 46)
National Lockdown and Families – (Deut. 6: 4 - 9; Eph. 5: 21 - 6: 4)
National Lockdown and the SA Economy – (Eccl 3: 9 - 14)
National Lockdown and Local Churches – (Acts 2: 42 - 47)
Special prayer items:
- Current cases of COVID-19 in South Africa.
- The residents of retirement villages in our area.
- Our family members on the front line during the Covid outbreak.
- Those who have tested positive and those awaiting results of their tests.
- Give thanks for those who are recovering and have recovered.
- Those whose businesses and jobs have been affected by the pandemic. Pray for provision and favour.
- Those children, young people and teachers who are at school.
- Lorna Pelzer and Annette Radford - Whose husbands passed away in the latter part of last year.
- Shane du Plessis and family - Sinjin and Devon, Keegan and Shane's mom - Lorraine.
- Claire and Gary Mitchell and family in Canada - Claire's mom passed away recently in SA.
- Chris and Fransien van der Merwe - Her mother passed away this week in Potchefstroom.
- Pastor William and Sylvia's nephew - Ashley - Rehabilitation to regain use of his legs in Port Elizabeth.
- Chantelle, Martina's daughter in the UK. She has begun another course of drastic chemo for 18 weeks on the 20th April.
- Jeff Jacobs - Recovery from eye surgery.
- Ina Russo - Ongoing healing.
- Elaine Bouwer - Ongoing healing.
- Maureen Mare - Ongoing healing.
- Emmie van Biljon - Possible hip surgery soon.
- Charles Ferguson - Recovery from ankle surgery.
- Pastor William - Pray for full recovery from his ankle surgery.
- Pastor Greg Akers - Praise God for the birth of a baby girl. All is well with Sarah and Olivia.
- The staff and families of Harvesters International.
- The staff and families of SIM South Africa in the Cape Town office.
- Praise God for the financial provision for our church and ministries!
Information is available for AFFT if you click the AFFT icon below:
Tithes & Offerings
Please note that clicking this "Give Now" button below will download a document with our banking details.
Praise and Worship
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.